We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do we get rid of 'Reg Clean' malware?

rsedw

Likes # 0

My wife's computer appears to be infected with malware in the form of 'Reg Clean'. She hasn't downloaded it (to her knowledge) but it keeps on scanning the computer and then advises that there are errors. She is then invited to follow links to buy the program. Luckily she told me about it and, as I have heard of this before, I advised she try to remove tha program immediately. This has proved impossible as ther appears to be no trace of the p[rogram. It loads when she opens her internet. She is running Windows 7 and has, bought, AVG internet protection software loaded. We have tried using a program that was suggested by 'Which? Computing' but with no success. Has anyone any suggestions, please? Many thanks.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Is it [this one]?1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...