We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

avasoft professional anti virus software

widdy

Likes # 0

After loading superantivirus software as reccomended by which, my wifes computer is blocking all attempts at loading programs saying that SAScore.exe is infected and insists that we activate avasoft professional antivirus ant a cost Any ideas, \i can not activate microsoft security essentials to sort it out Help please

Like this post
widdy

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

That site itself looks dodgy

You can trust the removal instruction from bleeping computer description here

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Somewhat off topic, but it absolutely defeats me, with so many excellent free and reliable antivirus programs available - AVG, Avast and MSE come to mind - why people install anything else.

Like this post
Thankyoumate

Likes # 0

@Ian in Northampton, cyber crooks infect blogs to distribute Avasoft malware. It's not a real antivirus software and it's not advertised as genuine software either. So, people do not install it knowingly. You can learn more about this malware here and here. Thankfully, it's not a big deal and Malwarebytes takes care of such rogue sec product in a few simple clicks :)

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Thankyoumate: I understand. However, the OP seems to have installed it knowingly - or, at least, believing it was genuine antivirus software. I may be wrong.

Like this post
widdy

Likes # 0

Thanks for the advice , As far as I am concerned it worked its way in without my knowledge as I already have AVG and on the recommendation of an article in Which Magazine I loaded Super anti virus etc..., after that it took hold. Bit of a mystery, I am usually very careful

Will follow advice and attempt[ to get rid of it Cheers

Like this post
widdy

Likes # 0

Thanks to all concerned . followed procedure as proposed by Fruit Bat and system now all clear. Thanks again

Like this post
AlanPCA

Likes # 0

The AVASoft virus infected my old tower computer yesterday. It runs on XP with free Avira antivirus. Avira warned me of an infection but could not clear it. After a restart I can no longer open MS Office files, pdfs etc or start Chrome. Whilst I can start IE, AVASoft blocks access to any sites as being "unsafe".

I have tried the 3 fiixes from Thankyoumate's link but these failed (PF8 ignored on startup, activation code box blocks typing, file rename fails). Also, simple System Restore will not open. Have I got a more up-to-date version of this virus that has learned?

Please, can anyone suggest a recent fix that works? Thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

AlanPCA

You really should have started your own thread as all email notifications of answers will go to widdy not you.

Look at the link to beeping computers I posted on March 29, 2013 at 1:21PM as this it what cured widdy's problem.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

I am surprised that Which would recommend a software program known to cause problems. Do you think widdy accidently downloaded super antivirus rather than superantispyware (SAS), which many of us on the forum use regularly?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite