We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cant get Android 4.2 to work on Seagate Goflex App

ria

Likes # 0

I have just purchased a Nexus 10 and a Seagate Goflex Home Drive for backing up and specially media streaming. Unfortunately I can not get the GoFlex Access App to work on my Nexus. I have contacted Seagate and they are telling me there's an incompatibility with the Android version 4.2.2 for why the app is not allowing access to the Goflex Home. They are saying 4.1 worked fine and will be looking into the issue. In the meanwhile, as I spend a lot of money (and a lot of research) on 2 devices which are not working together, I am wondering if anyone has come across the same problem and found a solution.

I have tried a couple of other file managers. Although the Goflex is recognised on the network, when I open the folder it says something like "directory/folder empty'.

I am grateful for any help.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

So why cannot you get the old version of android, and run that. what about using it from a USB stick or SD card if these will work with nexus

Like this post
ria

Likes # 0

The Nexus came with Android 4.2 and unfortunately has no outlet for a USB Drive. Not sure how I can revert to an earlier version of Android??

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It would seem that you are not the only one who cannot get the Goflex Access App to work with a Nexus 10. The app has some very poor reviews.

Going back to 4.1 isn't really an option.

Suggest that you return the GoFlex Home Drive as not fit for purpose. Regrettably I cannot suggest an alternative.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ps There are suggestions that the HipServ app will work with the Goflex drive.

Like this post
ria

Likes # 0

Can't get HipServ to work :( Keeps on saying.....unable to connect to portal, please ensure "Product" is correct and you have an internet connection.....

Thanks for trying to help anyway

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

"The Nexus came with Android 4.2 and unfortunately has no outlet for a USB Drive." so how can you connect a GoFlex Drive? as its a USB drive I have one

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

woodchip - it's over the network eg used as a NAS drive.

Like this post
lurch4653

Likes # 0

Hi I've got a nexus 7 and had the same problem, I downloaded a network discovery app from play, found the IP address of the go flex and then enter them number 192. Ect in to your browser search bar, then save this as a bookmark to your home screen. Then when you want access click the bookmark log in and bobs your uncle. Its working fine for me, T

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund