We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Media Player 11 - issue

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

The programme lists "Artists" - "Albums" etc in an order which I'd like to change. I've tried dragging and dropping" but that doesn't work. Is there a way for me to put things in the order I wish?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm sorry but I'm up to WMP 12. But I'm having difficulty in working out what you mean. Is this when you open the music library? Have you had a look at View - Choose columns?

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell - perhaps I haven't explained things too well! In WMP11 Library, I have, for example, a series of recorded talks over a period of time. I have them numbered, but they display in an out of sequence order, and I would just like to re-arrange them so that they appear in a sequence of MY choosing.

You refer to "View - Choose columns" but I can't locate this option. Maybe it's only on version 12.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you may need to view them in the folder in which they are kept.

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

OK - - Thanks Woolwell for your help!

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

If you can't see the menus (e.g File, View, Play, Tools, Help), try pressing the Alt key). Choose Column should be available under the View menu.

You say "I have them numbered", but what is it that have you numbered? The track title, the file name or what?

In any event, like many applications that show columns of information, in WMP, if you click a column heading the display will sort the information by the contents of that column (alternating between ascending and descending each time you click the column heading).

If you can't see any column headings, maybe you are using a "skin" that shows a tailored view. In which case right click somewhere in the WMP windows and choose "Switch to Library" or "Switch to Full Mode".

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks Batch for your help! I've now got into the View menu and choose columns, and I think I can get what I want from this, and work things out! You've shown me parts of WMP that I didn't know about previously!

Thanks again!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback