We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Monitor PC No sound (help)

spikivee

Likes # 0

Hi I have just purchased a New PC Tower (Zoostorm running windows 7 pro) Initial set went well no probs. I am using a TV that is compatible to use as PC monitor. My Logik TV monitor worked ok sound wise when used as TV). I connected the blue VGA lead & them the audio cable lead into the correct slot back TV -the other end into the green slot back PC. I have 3 slots at the back of my PC- pink/green/blue. I can't get any sound at all what I am doing wrong ???. The Audio cable is new & the chap in the shop said plug it into the green slot.

Any help much appreciated Thanks

Like this post
Procrastinus

Likes # 0

Do you need a driver?
Look in Computer Management>Device Manager for any yellow exclamation marks.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Go into the sound icon and make sure it is setup to go to the socket.

Like this post
spikivee

Likes # 0

Hi I have just been looking I do not have any yellow exclamation marks at all against any devices.

Its getting so confusing now I have opened the sound its states.

1.microphone. 2.Line In via audio in & in a light grey not available. (yet its is plugged to the green slot) 3. Stereo mix VIA HD default device with a green graph at the side ,

Sorry this all sounds silly.

When I go into Devices against Monitors it does not list my Logik - it says Generic PNP monitor do you think this might have anything to do with it ?

I will keep trying different things

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

On the back of your logik tv next to the vga input where your pc lead is connected should be a black 3.5mm sound input connection Is this where you are plugging the audio lead into? Also open the sound icon and look in "mixer" ensure the sound level is on and not "muted"

I dont think the pnp generic monitor has anything to do with it,your pc just hasnt identified it as Logik

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Also if you navigate to pc control panel>hardware and sound>sound

should bring up a window with 4tabs,click on playback tab,which device the audio is outputting to should have a green tick at the side of it

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

green is the right socket for audio. Check in control panel/ sounds and audio devices that nothing is muted and the volume level set at med or high. Also under audio tab check that it can see your sound card.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Another option is try an HDMI cable

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

bumpkin "green is the right socket for audio" on the pc? On the logik tv its a 3.5mm black socket next to the vga input

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Are you sure that is not audio out ie headphones?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK