We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

home dvd creator / Showbiz DVD

eevie
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have linked up my VHS to the computer and want to record videos. I open Showbiz 2 and can see the video - no sound. When I select record and then stop I get an error message - File Format not Supported. I am running on windows 7, the Tevion home dvd creator leads that connect to computer via USB are no longer supported and the showbiz disc is not for use on windows 7.

I think it may be a problem with the drivers, but this usb won't plug and play. on checking the drivers there seems to be a problem with USB EMP audio device giving the error - This device cannot start. (Code 10). when I try to update this I get a message saying the best driver is installed.

Is there a simple fix? i just want the leads to work so I can record VHS to my computer. Or do I have to buy new software; which I don't really want to do.

Many thanks

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

From this Click here

No Sound on Windows 7 or sound driver installation failed (code 10 error message) Please take the steps below to set the audio driver to ''USB Audio Device'' Plug in your USB video capture In Device Manager under 'Sound, video and game controllers'' does it state ''USB EMP Audio Device''? If so, it needs to be changed to ''USB Audio Device'' Right click, ''USB EMP Audio Device'' then 'Update Driver Software' Click on 'Browse my computer for driver software' Click on 'let me pick from a list.....' Tick 'show compatible hardware' This should give you two driver options, Window's own 'USB Audio Device' and the 'USB EMP Audio Device' driver. Select the 'USB Audio Device' Reboot the PC after following these instructions it was 100% successful. Just as a little bit of extra info the SVideo lead from the camera to the grabber should not be used - just use the composite lead (the one with the red/white/yellow jack plugs) otherwise the sound doesnt come through.

Like this post  
eevie

Likes # 0

hi, thanks so much for this solution. I had spent hours trawling the internet, but with no luck. The only issue i still have is that I cannot hear the sound when recording, but during playback the sound is fine. This is not a major issue as I can now record and playback.

Thanks again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers