We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

File system control Windows 7

immer

Likes # 0

1)I am new to windows 7. When I go to a particular file with sub files I find the system has rearranged the look to make the sub files in format type order not in my sub file order, which I find most inconvenient. On another occasion I find them back as I expect. What am I doing wrong & how do I control this unexpected manifestation......(please says Grandpa). 2)when in sub files I find the "go back" icon is missing (or not shown) where do I look for it please.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

How long has this been happening? If it's just a recent ocurrance you could try System Restore back to before it started.

If not then you might have a bug in your system. What protection ware are you running?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

All you need to know about W7 Folders and files click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...