We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can't find video on panasonic lumix tz10 on windows 8

mimsbims

Likes # 0

I recorded some footage on my panasonic lumix DMC-TZ10 with the REC mode setting: AVCHD lite, quality: SH When I put it into my new ASUS K55V laptoop which has Windows 8 I cannot find the footage at all. I can see it in my camera but not on my laptop. I wish to download it to my hard drive for editing purposes. I am also struggling to find windows movie maker on this laptop. Is it not automatically available on a windows PC?

Please help

Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Windows Movie Maker is part of Windows Live Essentials and does not automatically come with Windows. Download. You do not have to install all of it, just the bits that you want but you probably have to uncheck parts.

How are you connecting the camera or card?

Like this post
cdapples

Likes # 0

I have the same problem, I have my SD card in the card reader, I can see the video as still which unlike the other photos fills the screen, but not as a video. I can see it as a video on the camera screen so I know it is there.

Like this post
mimsbims

Likes # 0

Sorry you're having the same problem. Since i downloaded windows movie maker I have been able to find the file in windows explorer. it is a .MTS file. I can play it. I burnt it for a friend who has a mac and they cannot play it. I have not tried it on another PC yet and am at least happy for now that I can play it. Wish you luck.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Mac's are not that happy with mts format. Would have been better to convert it before burning it for a friend. Or they could try downloading the free vLC player for mac which should be able to play mts.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added