We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iTune library problem Multiple users

alfredgerald
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just downloaded iTune version 11.0.2.26. 4 users on PC each with separate access to iTunes. The new software has updated 3 of the users libraries but not the fourth. He has a library of all the others combined. He just wants his own. Any thoughts. Have reinstalled it twice with the same results.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

When you were setting up the libraries did you follow the method described in this article?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

If you press and hold down the shift key as iTunes launches you can choose which library to launch, or create a new library. If his is missing create a new one with his name on it.

Like this post
alfredgerald

Likes # 0

Thank both of you. Still having trouble. Reverted to a previous library but it still shows the entire tunes from the 4 users. I think I may have consolidated the 4 some how. Is there any way out? I have tried to delete some but it tells me I will hide them in the cloud. Does this mean from my folder only or the whole computer?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Cloud only keeps downloaded iTunes.

At worst create new libraries and then in "Music" , use the "Add folder to the Library" function. You could create folders in windows explorer for each person and drag and drop the sub folders into them as appropriate.

Like this post
alfredgerald

Likes # 0

Thanks John Bunyan. Found a long winded way myself. I used Restore System to replace older edition of iTunes. Then replaced libraries with files from my back up disc. Then downloaded latest iTunes. It work OK this time and everybody has his or her own tunes. I’m sure there must be an easier way though.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room