We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

problems with opening up ms docs

annaken

Likes # 0

I have had problems opening up any MS office documents. So i called Mcfee and they checked my laptop by remote and said there were no virus present. So i uninstalled the MS office suite and reinstalled it. I still cant open any documents-any ideas what it could be please?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

HAve you downloaded any updates since the problem started ?

If not then consider a system restore to a date before the problem started.

Like this post
annaken

Likes # 0

do i tick all or just the service pack?

The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3)

Service Pack 3 provides the latest updates to the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite. This update also applies to Microsoft Office Project, Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Office Visio, and Visual Web Developer.

351.9 MB

Word Viewer

View, print and copy Word documents, even if you don't have Word installed.

24.5 MB

Excel Viewer

Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed.

74.1 MB

PowerPoint Viewer

Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions.

Like this post
annaken

Likes # 0

only installed the mcfee service plus update

Like this post
annaken

Likes # 0

installed the service pack link you sent me-problem still remains

Like this post
annaken

Likes # 0

installed the service pack link you sent me-problem still remains

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The compatibility pack shouldn't be needed with Office 2007.

Do any Excel spreadsheets open?

I think that you may have a corrupt installation. Try running the diagnostic tool Office diagnostics.

Double check file association.

Last resort - system restore to before the problem began.

Like this post
annaken

Likes # 0

runing the diagnostics right now-however by uninstalling and reinstalling the office disc shouldnt that of cleared any problems?

Like this post
annaken

Likes # 0

yes all docs open in the office apart from word. However i am having probs runing the diagnostics because i cant open up a document-it says if you're experiencing this type of problems try this-

In Microsoft Windows, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

however i cant see anywhere that says tools! sorry if i am being thick here.

Also i dont know how to go back to the last sytem restore -a bit nervous about this as i dont have the vista runing program discs anymore (lent them to someone and never got them back)

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

thats what i would suggest be surprised if it doesnt work

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

when you go to open a document in word do you get the spinning blue progress circle is that all? no errors nothing?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers