We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

helpful tip re:setting up gmail on phones and tablets

pollpott

Likes # 0

I had spent ages unsuccessfully trying to sync my new Nook to my gmail and got the error message "you dont have permission to sync with this server" It took me ages to find a solution but, simple as it sounds, you must enter your email address as '[email protected]' don't use just 'gmail'. This is the forum I found it on... http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/kOqYISSYqDQ

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

That's because google lost a case to use the gmail name (someone else got there first) and had to change to googlemail.

Anyone setting up an account now uses googlemail its only peole who sey a a gmail account a long time ago that still have a gmail addresss.

Name changes are something that oftwen causes trouble like this I started with Freeserve they went through Orange and are now EE (Everything Everywhere) a similar problem occurred with their e-mail and some people had to change from their freeserve to orange email address.

Like this post
pollpott

Likes # 0

So simple. I used to use the full googlemail but changed when i realized you could just to save typing. This sort of thing can cause so much bother to people, as you can see if you check out the linked forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more