We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Make mp3 files auto play

awest3

Likes # 0

I want to rip files from my mom's CD's so she can play them on her MP3 player. She's blind so its much easier for her to do this than try to work the CD player. My problem is that there are no controls on her player to pick the start track. I want them to autoplay as soon as she turns on the player or inserts the USB stick. She has audio books from calibre which do this so I know it can be done... but how? Is this a function of the player or is there a parameter which I need to set when ripping the CDs to the USB stick?.

Thanks Al

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Make and model of mp3 player?

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Its an RNIB player called Sovereign

http://www.rnib.org.uk/shop/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?category=usbmemorystick_players&productID=DH33301

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Not quite sure what happened to that link...try again

http://www.rnib.org.uk/shop/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?category=usbmemorystick_players&productID=DH33301

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Hmmm....still not working! although it works ok if typed in...

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

If she plays usb mp3 sticks from calibre they just work.. when i rip tracks to one it does nothing although i can play them on the PC.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Are you saving to the root of the drive or putting the files into a folder?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"ripping the CDs to the USB stick"

how (what method and program) are you doing the ripping?

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

I'm just ripping the individual files to the USB stick. So all that's on it are the individual files. I'm using ashampoo to do the ripping. Thanks Al

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Ripping to the root drive... Now I understand what a root is:-))

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today