We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer 10 "warning"

Simsy

Likes # 0

Folks,

I've installed IE 10 successfully and without problems, (so far), on both my desktop and laptop...

However, IU've just notices something, so be advised that...

If you choose Help>About Internet Explorer, in the small info box that appears and tells you it's version 10, there is also a small checkbox, which has a tick in it by default, saying, "Install new versions automatically"

It's not a big issue, but personally I like to be in control of when stuff like that gets installed, and I know many here feel the same.

So there you go! You're all warned!. Or perhaps "advised" is a better word"

I'll get me coat.

Regards,

Simsy

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I believe I/E 11 comes with Windows Blue so it should be a few months at least before the next version.

Anyhow it usually comes with Windows Updates so the tick probably does not matter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer