We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop struggles, fan comes on and restarts. Help?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, Whenever I try to delete some files on my external hd, it says it is 'deleting' but never actually does, my laptop fans comes on, the laptop slows down so i click out of the ex hd and stop the deleting of files (which never actually delete) and still the fan is on, laptop is slow and my task manager shows that 'performance'/CPU usage is 100%. Also, it says that it is using 1.2GB of Ram and i have 4gb. From experience of the last week or so, within an hour the laptop will switch off.

Similarly, if i try to burn a DVD with too many tabs open (18 pages), it becomes too much for my laptop and it turns off.

It is Vista nd is about three years old and is a Medion

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Vista 32bit can only see a maximum of 4gb well actually about 3.5gb vista 64 bit can use up to 8gb

Think we need to see what procees is using 100% as secret squirrel has asked

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features