We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Information on HMPSCHED.EXE - Application error?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

The other day I downloaded Hitman Pro as a trial version, and since then, usually on start-up, I get HMPSCHED.EXE - Aplication error - The memory could not be "read", flash on the monitor screen.

With the error message comes the following instructions - Click OK to terminate the program - Click Cancel to debug the program.

So far I use the debug cancel option, and all seems well, until the next start-up. I have checked the CCleaner start-up list, and nothing new is showing there. So the particular exe must be somewhere else perhaps?.

Any help would be appreciated

Running XP Home - Avast- SuperAntiSpyware, but I cannot see how these are effecting the above?.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

According to a Google search, hmpsched.exe runs as a Windows service so that's why it's not present in a standard startup list.

If HitManPro's causing you problems and you don't want it then go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and see if you can uninstall it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Secret-Squirrel, thanks for the response.

I already did a quick Google, but it left me a little confused, because it didn't point the problem to Hitman Pro. I will remove this program, because at present I only wanted to test it out, but it was just the case of trying to see if the error was due to the Hitman Pro install, or possibly something else?.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"I already did a quick Google, but it left me a little confused, because it didn't point the problem to Hitman Pro."

The service I mentioned is called HitmanProScheduler so hmpsched.exe is definitely part of HitmanPro.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Found this.

[The file hmpsched.exe description is: HitmanPro Scheduler.]

Maybe turn the scheduler of and just run it manually.See if that gets rid of it at start up.

If not remove it like Secret-Squirrel says.

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

I have already removed Hitman Pro using Revo, so its a case of seeing what happens on next start-up.

Will tick as resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room