We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe unsuitable for windows 7

ponytail

Likes # 0

With ref to my thread of about three weks ago regarding activation messages.Have just been onto the Adobe help chat line and have been told that my version of Adobe Acrobat which is ver7 Pro is not suitable for windows 7 and I need version 11 Hvae seen this **Adobe Acrobat XI Professional Version, Student and Teacher Edition (PC) (student and teacher eligibility requirements apply for this product) by Adobe Systems Inc. Platform: Windows 8 / 7 / XP / 2003 Server 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews) 3 Reviews 5 star: (2) 4 star: (1) 3 star: (0) 2 star: (0) 1 star: (0) › See all 3 customer reviews...

Like 1364119703 false -1 0 0 0 (0)

Price: £74.31 & this item Delivered FREE in the**

Would I be able to use this this as was not sure what was meant by student and teacher elegibility requirements apply for this product

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Just seen this missed it before

Convert files to PDF-- get an integrated Acrobat toolbar for popular Microsoft and browser apps to quickly turn documents and web pages into high-quality PDF files, or create PDF documents from any desktop app that prints Export PDF files and create electronic forms--build PDF or web forms in minutes Edit PDF files easily with a new point-and-click interface Prepare PDF files consistently--streamline routine, multi-step tasks with guided or automated Actions This software is only for use by eligible students or teachers.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What do you use this Adobe Acrobat for?

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Mostly for viewing,reading or printing PDF files but the software seems so expensive to buy.Are the following the same.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/publishing-pdf/740712970144_

They are certainly cheaper

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

If all you want to do is read, viwe, print then just download the free Adobe Reader

Go hear and select Adobe Reader

http://www.filehippo.com/

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

the link seems to have gone wrong there should be a list of software some called nuance PDF converters

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

PS sorry about typo spelling errors ! ( viwe & hear !! )

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi iscanut2 have done what you suggested and installed adobe reader

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Ponytail: as Iscanut says, if all you want to do is to read, view or print .pdf files, then what you need is Adobe Reader. Way back when, there was only Adobe Acrobat, and many people used that as their .pdf reader - but now, Adobe has released Adobe Reader which does what it says on the tin. If all you want is to view/print .pdf files, you just need Reader and you don't need to spend any money. Here is the official Adobe download site.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I use this. Foxit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites