We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook express

femme2

Likes # 0

Suddenly to forward mail the-to-where a email client addy usually appears does not work. You can type it in manually but it wont fill in the email Windows7 intexp 10 Thankyou

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Can you explain more please, because if you have Windows 7 then you cannot have Outlook Express as your email client. So you must have a different email client, I wonder if you are confusing it with the new Hotmail which is now Outlook.com

Outlook Express was/is the email client program on a pc that came with XP and W98 op systems.

Outlook.com is the new renamed Hotmail and is Webmail and not a program on your pc. You access it via your browser (IE10 or firefox or whatever browser you use)

Or maybe you have Microsoft Office and are using the Office program called Outlook?

Like this post
femme2

Likes # 0

I think you are right it came on my pc so likely is outlook.com It suddenly is causing problems to forward messages--it wont pick up the email addresses in the -to-or bbc it will go in manually but not the easy way thankyou

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"it came on my pc so likely is outlook.com"

Let us know when you can definitely tell us what it is so that the relevant advice can be offered.

For example: is it your hotmail email address and you have to open IE10 and then go to Hotmail">https://mail.live.com/?owa=1&owasuffix=owa%252f&id=64855&snsc=1&cbcxt=mail">Hotmail Outlook.com to sign in. (or if you didn't have a hotmail address before is it a new Outlook.com email you have and that is the page you go to to sign in)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/ link should tell you more. Previous link not working at mo'

Like this post
femme2

Likes # 0

Its a new email that was on my pc when I got it new I have hot mail but not on this account it must be outlook.com I checked the link you posted but no idea how to fix it Thanks so much

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What Operating System are you using?

Like this post
femme2

Likes # 0

Windows 7 internet explorer10 It was fine for 2 months now suddenly its not allowing me to forward using the to field no emails of my contacts show in there now thanks Dave

Like this post
femme2

Likes # 0

I just now noticed all my contact list is missing what a mess

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try downloading Windows Live Mail client and adding your Outlook addy, from Windows Essentials.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials-other-programs

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What is the part of the email address after the @

for example: @outlook.com (or whatever it is)

The details you have given so far are too vague for me, so please give us more details of what programs etc you have to click on to get to, and open your email.

I can't even guess yet if it is Webmail or POP3 etc.

You say "Its a new email that was on my pc when I got it new" Did someone else set up the email and the pc for you?

Is the pc new from a shop? What make and model is it?

Until more is known I am unable to offer any more advice and suggestions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback