We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hard Disk Partition too small

jonem81

Likes # 0

I have a Windows XP and find that the size of my partitions are too unbalanced. Drive C is 20GB, and drive C over a 100GB, and it is difficult to run some applications. Can I make my drive C larger without erasing any applications? I'm looking for something like a 50/50 share. jonem81

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Do you have an external or other harddrive that you can use to backup your data that is on the 100gb partition?

To alter partitions I use the Freeware EaseUs http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm page gives you more info and here's the instructions and some video tutorials easeus-partition-manager

Like this post
jonem81

Likes # 0

lotvic Thank you, I will take a look at that, and yes, I do have an external drive.

jonem81

Like this post
c4rm0

Likes # 0

Paragon Hard disk manager will allow to re size your partitions and is probably the best I have used since partition magic

Like this post
jonem81

Likes # 0

lotvic

easeus-partition-manager reported the following:

"Found some partition errors. To continue will cause boot failure and data loss. Proceed?"

So, naturally, I did not proceed!

c4rm0

See above. Perhaps Paragon Hard disk manager will produce the same warning?

Thanks to you both for your help. Looks as if I'm back to the drawing board!

jonem81

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I presume that error was for the C: boot partition? You will have to run Chkdsk to fix the errors.

here's a handy easeus index page for how to do things

In easeus-partition-manager Before you make C: bigger - Have you used the slider to successfully shrink the 100gb partition to leave some unallocated space in middle of harddrive? (straight after C: and before D: partition)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks