We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kindle Fire...what video files will it play please?

julius44

Likes # 0

Good morning to you all, a friend wishes me to put some videos on her kindle fire from my desktop pc for her. I just want to find out if it'' play ALL or most vidoes just like android drag and drop, like flv files etc??

please advice, many thanks. Also do I just connect the device and drag videos into the video folder?? Hope I dont need to convert anything like ipad?? lol hahahaha!!

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Google it and all will be revealed

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

These types of files may be transferred to your Kindle Fire via USB:

Documents: AZW, TXT,PDF, MOBI, PRC, DOC, DOCX

Audio supported within Music: MP3, Non-DRM AAC (.m4a), MIDI, OGG, WAV

Video: MP4

Kindle Fire HD supported Audio & Video formats:

Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, MP4, 3GP, VP8(.webm)

Like this post
Bris

Likes # 0

On your PC, locate the file you want to transfer and drag and drop it into the applicable content folder inside Internal Storage, such as Movies.

You will need the Personal Videos app to play them and the videos must be MP4 format.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features