We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't find an audio adapter 3.5mm. 3input, 1output.

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all, I have had a good look on the net but can't find one I think is suitable. I want to connect 1 tv and 2 Pc's to 1 speaker system. I have done it just with cables but it is not 100%, a few niggly problems. What I need is one with 3inputs and 1 output (switched if necessary)all 3.5mm. Seen plenty that are the opposite 1in X 3out but not sure they would work in reverse. Any ideas as to what best to use or another way of doing this please.

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

I don't think you can do it because you would be connecting 3 outputs together and they could destroy each other by feeding into one another.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Perhaps an Audio mixer something like this

Audio Mixer

From Keene Electronics.

If this isn't quite what you need have a browse as if Keene haven't got what you need it probably isn't available.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

A switch like this might be OK?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

caccy, that is the problem I have using just cables and a splitter. I was looking for a switching device so that only one was connected at a time or something with electronics in it to prevent this. BT, looks good but all the connectors appear to be phono. rdave13, that is the kind of thing I need but again is phono. I would need 4 3.5mm X phone adapters to do it. Cheap enough but I wanted to keep things as simple as possible, the more connectors the more potential problems. If that is the only way to do it then I will have to try it. As it is I only have to switch a few cables around anyway but I always have to look for the right gadget if it exists.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Phono is audio?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I realize that rdave13 what I meant was my connectors are 3.5mm jack type plugs not the big round ones that I refer to as phono,hope that clarifies

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

No adapters for them ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

rdave13, no I haven't as I said in my earlier post but I don't mind getting some, I will need 4. Was hoping to find a nice neat little thing with 3x3.5 inputs and 1x3.5 output but I can't find such an item hence my post. If adapters are the only option then OK.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thank you for your suggestions. Just to let you know I have now managed to do this using some bits & pieces I had. Not the neatest thing but hidden away and it works.

Ray

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features