We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to copy emails to Word

rawsongreen
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is it possible to put an exact copy of a Windows Live email into Word?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Later versions of Word allow you to open .eml files used by Windows Live Mail. All you need to do is save your chosen e-mail as a file somewhere, or simply drag 'n' drop it from WLM onto your Desktop. Finally open Word, open the file you just saved and it should appear in Word exactly as it appears in WLM.

Alternatively, you could try copying and pasting from WLM into Word although the formatting is likely to get messed up in the transfer.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Hit Print Screen and Paste the result into Word

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Eddie, it's worth pointing out that the OP won't be able to edit the text or images after pasting a screen-grab, and neither will it be the "exact copy" he's hoping for as the image will contain the WLM program window, Windows Taskbar and Start button etc.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

For an 'exact copy' of an email, I have printed or saved using PDF Creator (free download).

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Secret-Squirrel

I have just done as you state in your first paragraph, and certainly in Word 2007 it works very well and can be edited as one wishes! Very quick and easy.

TonyV

Like this post
rawsongreen

Likes # 0

Many thanks everyone,

Wee Eddy - I have used print sceen but as Secret-Squirrel says you cannot make changes. Secret-Squirrel - My Word is 2003 and it does not work pity. AroundAgain - A PDF was not quite what I wanted

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Secret-Squirrel's, way works perfectly in my Office Word 2003. Did you do the first part - save your chosen e-mail as a file (it becomes .eml) then rightclick on saved .eml and choose Open with Word.

You may then wish to alter the 'Views' as it opens complete with the 'Document Map' panel on the left. Unclick that in the 'View' menu, and then in 'View' menu click on 'Print Layout'

Like this post  
rawsongreen

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic. I have Word in Office 2003. I do save in EML but when I right click on it I do not get an option to choose 'open with Word'. What am I doing wrong?

Like this post
rawsongreen

Likes # 0

Thanks again lotvic I've done it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

We both should thank Secret-Squirrel :) I didn't know about it until now so thanks for starting Thread.

and thank you Secret-Squirrel for the how-to

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

What's new in VR: the companies creating exciting new mixes of augmented and virtual reality

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...