We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Malware Wars - Combatting Malware - Tips

johndrew
Resolved

Likes # 0

I found this article which may be of help to those concerned about phishing sites and other malware related subjects. It appears to have some good advice on how to check the destination site of any link you may click which should provide a level of protection if used. The link below is safe!!

Malware Wars

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Excellent, I like the tip about how to preview shortened URLs to see their true destination.

Like this post  
johndrew

Likes # 0

Thank you lotovic. At least one other person takes note of their security.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Makes you wonder how many click on a shortened url and end up with malware then spend weeks trying to put their pc back to rights. I know I have (maybe?) missed out on viewing a website because of my attitude of wanting to know (and check). Even 'thought known good' websites can get infected and Avast has saved me from that a few times by not allowing page to load.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Thanks, most interesting - and helpful!

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info. Have pasted the main data into a wordprocessor and filed it on my desktop.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...