We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hard Drive Crashed

kmmagoon

Likes # 0

I have an E Machines ET1331G-05W and I know that the internal hard drive has crashed, I back it up often to an external hard drive, so no information was lost. My question is what exactly do I need to fix my computer.

The message of course started out like: BOOTMGR MISSING PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. Then it goes on to say: CPUID:0F62h Stepping: 02h L1 Cache: 256 KB L2 Cache: 2048 KB L3 Cache: N/A Speed: 1.60 GHz Count: 2 Memory Clock: DDR2 800 MHz Press DEL to run Setup Press F12 for BBS POPUP 1 AMD North Bridge, Rev C2 NVMM ROM Version: 4.093.35 6144MB OK (256MB Sharded Memory Size Used) Auto-Detecting SATA Port 1..IDE Hard Disk Auto-Detecting SATA Port 2..ATAPI CDROM Auto-Detecting SATA Port 4..IDE Hard Disk SATA Port 1:ST3750528AS CC44 Ultra DMA Mode-6, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status BAD SATA Port 2: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N MN01 Ultra DMA Mode-5 SATA Port 4: WDC WD2500AAJS-75B4A0 01.03A01 Ultra DMA Mode-6, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status OK 3rd Master Hard Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Status BAD, Backup and Replace Press F1 to Resume

Would I be correct in purchasing a 500GB (or higher) SATA 3.0 GB\S 7200 RPM internal hard drive?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Do you have an image of your system? and a boot disk to restore the imaage from.

If so

Fit a new sata drive and restore the image to the new drive.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

Would I be correct in purchasing a 500GB (or higher) SATA 3.0 GB\S 7200 RPM internal hard drive?

Yes, or Sata 2.

If you do not have an image then either you can use the restore method that I assume came with your E Machine or you will need to install a fresh copy of your operating system, drivers and programs.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...