We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

metoffice web site IE 10

tonyq
Resolved

Likes # 0

is anybody else having problems with following web site,

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

using Internet Explorer 10? I can load the site but are unable to get a local weather forcast, which in the past have been able too. The web site works fine in Firefox.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

No problem with me - Windows 7, IE 10. I have used this site for years. I put in my post code in the box and it gives the choice of several locations only a mile or two apart.

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

I have found that if you delete the metoffice cookie after use, subsequently the site will not load all of the available information, and will only show part of the site and helpfiles. Also, curiously, it will load OK if you run IE with protected mode disabled(not advisable).

To reset IE so that the metoffice will load properly, go to Tools> internet options> general tab> Delete browsing history and set as follows:

UNTICK Preserve Favourites website data

TICK Temp internet sites and website files

TICK Cookies and website data

TICK ActiveX filtering and tracking protection data

Set other options as you require.

Click delete button.

And in future, do not delete the metoffice cookie; you should find the site then works OK.

Like this post  
tonyq

Likes # 0

Thank you both for the replies.

Number six,

"I have found that if you delete the metoffice cookie after use, subsequently the site will not load all of the available information, and will only show part of the site and helpfiles".

That is exactly what is happening. Whilst awaiting a reply I "reset" IE 10 (Options-Advanced- Reset)which solved the problem. In future I will do as you suggested. Thanks again.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

I would like to add that it is when I use Ccleaner that is removing the cookie, even though I moved it to Cookies to keep in Options.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback