We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nexus10 viewing photos

Mike_R

Likes # 0

Just got my Nexus10 and am trying to view digital photos held on a USB stick. I can't find a built-in app to read from the stick. Do I need to down-load something, and if so, what?

No doubt this will be the first of a string of questions as I start to get to grips with the tablet.

BTW, with Gorilla Glass, do I also need a film of protective plastic on the screen?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You need the Nexus Photo Viewer App. - see this Link enter link description here

My opinion on the protective plastic for the screen is that they only stop fingerprints and are not really useful - better to have a decent stylus pen to use rather than your fingers. Plenty of choice here enter link description here

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Trying to get a protective film on evenly on such a large screen is not easy. As northumbria61 says, use a stylus pen. I bought a pack of 10 for £2.99 on ebay and have them dotted around the house. They are also more precise than using your fingers as well as keeping the screen a whole lote cleaner.

I've got a Nexus 7 (made for Google by Asus), whereas the Nexus 7 is made by Samsung I believe.

With my Nexus 7 I use a USB OTG cable to connect a USB stick to the Nexus. Not sure if it is the same with Nexus 10 though.

Like this post
Mike_R

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone. I found about the media importer from an Android forum, and downloaded that. It does what I want.

I will not bother with plastic film.

Further problems are with apps. Ive managed to get two pictures of the settings app, email and chrome apps on the opening screen which I can't get rid of. Also the Nexus media picture only appears on the opening screen, not the apps screen reached from settings.

Further, I've downloaded Met Office and BBCi player apps but can't find a picture to open them.

In all, I'm getting very frustrated!

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

You need this if you don't have it: N7 Media Player

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Also for N 10.

Like this post
Mike_R

Likes # 0

Solved the missing app problem. I was running in safe mode.

Like this post
Mike_R

Likes # 0

A further question on cleaning the Nexus10 screen - what is the best cleaner to use to remove fingerprints etc? I haven't any yet but can see it happening if it gets near the family.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...