We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton Internet Security Installation advice

highside

Likes # 0

Am I going wrong somewhere? I have had Norton Internet Security for years, this year my automatic subscription they tell me is £51. Whats the point when it is being sold on the net by all sorts of people for half that? If I buy from an independent or auction site is there a catch and can I remove or write over my present installed copy with the new one? Thanks for advice.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Yes that's a rip off

you could even buy it cheaper from PC world :0) and uninsta;; old version using the uninstall tool from the site and reinstall the new

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i always shop around each year wh smith doing a good deal i think it was around £24 but PCW and novatec worth a look too they often do similar deals.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Norton

Or the 3 user for an extra £5

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Can you not just delete the old keycode and add the new one.You can with my security programs.That would save you from having to uninstall it.

Like this post
highside

Likes # 0

Thats interesting but how would it affect my present account with Norton especially as it would be the same email address. Doesnt look easy to remove a Norton account (ie the associated account not the program itself)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

With Emisoft and Eset you just buy where you can find the cheapest one and remove the old keycode and add the new keycode and they acknowledge the new kecode for another year.

Now Norton may be different I don't know so maybe better waiting for advice from someone who uses it.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Use the Norton uninstall software to remove current version and then buy a new version at half the price ! Do not choose automatic renewal !

Like this post
highside

Likes # 0

Thanks to all, sorted

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014