We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to get hdmy hub working

ponytail

Likes # 0

I only have one HDMI socket on my TV so I bought a three way HDMI hub thought that would solve the problem.Boughr tHREE HDMI leads one for the dvd player one for the set top box and one for my media player ran a lead from each unit to the input socket on the hub and a lead from the output socket on the hub to the TVs HDMI socket but when I press the button on the hub the light comes on and then goes off again it never stays on.I have two hubs and it happens with both of them.I havejust unplugged everything and re-connected everything but still the same.Any help please

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Neet© - 3 Port HDMI AUTO SWITCH 3x1 Mini Hub Box (3 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD v1.3b HDMI Switcher

This is the one from amazon

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

It could be a problem with one of your devices or a cable.

Try disconnecting 2 of the devices and then using the switch, if it works OK, disconnect that and connect another one , same for the third one.

If all OK individually, connect 2 of them and try again, If OK, repeat with other pairs until either you get a fault or it runs with 2 devices.

Now try again with all 3, if you still get the problem, I would suspect that you are losing signal strength through the adapter, which is causing the problem.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today