We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to get hdmy hub working

ponytail

Likes # 0

I only have one HDMI socket on my TV so I bought a three way HDMI hub thought that would solve the problem.Boughr tHREE HDMI leads one for the dvd player one for the set top box and one for my media player ran a lead from each unit to the input socket on the hub and a lead from the output socket on the hub to the TVs HDMI socket but when I press the button on the hub the light comes on and then goes off again it never stays on.I have two hubs and it happens with both of them.I havejust unplugged everything and re-connected everything but still the same.Any help please

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Make and model of hub would be helpful to know.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos the 2nd sorry for the delay in replying but just got in.I ordered the hub from Amazon and it never arived so after several messages to the supplier I then ordered another one from a different supplier which arrived very quickly and then the original one arrived so I kept it as it was paid for.As for the make and model there are no such markings on the hubs themselves.I have just checked on my Amazon account and am unable to find any record of it or any messages.I always buy any of this kind of item from Amazon and am sure that is where it came from.If there was a way of sending a attachment with this reply I could photograph it and attache the photo any more info please ask Brief description of hub It is about two inches square black HDMI 1080P in red writing in center Switch in white writing It might help Sorry it is so long

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is it the same as this one on ebay

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If it is similar to the one that lotvic links to or this on Amazon I am really not surprised they do not work. I bought a similar scart splitter in my more naïve years and that too cost me a couple or so quid and I wondered for quite a while why it did not work, of course the reason it did not work was because it was cheap and nasty.

Whereas these types of splitters do work you really do get what you pay for.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd I'm surprised you say that these simple devices do not work. I purchased a two way HDMI splitter very similar to the one you linked to some years ago and it works brilliantly. I have one input from my DVD player and one from my Freesat box and if I turn either on it is immediately selected or if they are both on I can select between them by using the push switch. It's been in use for a couple of years now and I only paid a few pounds for it from Amazon so for me it was money well spent.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I did not say they would not work I said I was not surprised when they did not work as it can be very hit and miss with the cheaper end of this type of product.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I suppose the really basic question is - Is the TV and the other devices all turned on?

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Lotvic yes that is the one I have in fact I now have two of them any suggestions anyone as to a decent reasonably priced HDMI hub Imight get

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Just ordered this hope it is better than the other

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%A9-SWITCH-input-output-Switc

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

sorry link not worked

www.amazon.co.uk/neet

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia