We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is MAPI32.dll and where does it go?

Damarc

Likes # 0

I've tried to upgrade my MSOfficePro 2003 to MS Home and Student Office 2010. All seems ok except for Outlook where it says that MAPI32.dll is corrupt or the wrong version and to reinstall Office. I don't want to go all through it again. Is there a way of finding this file and putting it where it is supposed to be. I've still got Office 2003 on my old pc.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
alB*

Likes # 0

Possible Fix ...alB

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You have tried to upgrade a Professional office product with a Home and Student version. I don't think that you can do that successfully.

MS Home and Student Office 2010 does not come with Outlook.

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

Is this free software or do I have to pay for it. Have gone through the detection scan and then it asks me to register. Not sure whether I have to pay to continue with sorting it out or whether the payment required is for a superior version?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Damarc is what? free software? MS Office is not free, it's quite expensive.

Where did you get the software from? It may be that you have downloaded a trial version that will stop working after about 60 days if you don't pay for it.

Please explain what you are meaning.

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

Sorry I was referring to aIB's 'fix' link. It detected umpteen issues but then asked me to register before they could be fixed. I couldn't see whether I had to pay for this software or not. So have given up on Outlook and downloaded Thunderbird. Not a patch on Outlook but as you say MS Office is very expensive. I still have the original MS Office Pro 2003 disks but am hesitant about reinstalling the whole suite just in case I muck things up even further and end up not being able to do ppt which is very important to me. Also I assume that there would be hundreds of updates if I did reinstall 2003.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Mapi32 is for your Mail Address Book

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Mapi32 is for your Mail Address Book.

Can you extract it from the Office CD Rom

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

I got mapi32.dll from my desktop pc's Office Pro 2003, put it on a memory stick but don't know where to put it to rectify Outlook. Everything else is working ok.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

it goes in the C:\Windows\System32 Folder where all Dll's go

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers