We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Upgrading RAM on Acer netbook

Dirty Dick
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a an Acer Aspire One D255E that is very sluggish.

It has 1 Gb of RAM and I am thinking of upgrading it to 2 Gb.

Would this be suitable?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nbsbnoss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=Ram+memory+upgrade+2GB+DDR3+PC3-8500+1067MHz+for+Acer+Aspire+One+D255+%28Intel+Atom+N550%29+DDR3+%3B+Aspire+One+%28D260%29+Intel+Atom+N475+%26+Aspire+One+d255e+netbooks

Also is it just a case of just undoing the case and swapping the RAM ? Will it just then restart or do I have to do some twiddling (don't think that's a technical word !!) with the settings

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Personally I always use Crucial to identify the ram and I also purchase from them because of their guarantees.Crucial.

Usually you have a clip either side of the ram that needs to be gently opened out then the top ram will click up when you press down on it. You then slide it out. Same for the bottom ram. You can't install the ram the wrong way as they have a notch on the connector side so it only fits one way.

Like this post
Dirty Dick

Likes # 0

Thanx rdave13

I've taken your recommendations on board and have let Crucial scan and recommend some upgraded RAM. I have now ordered it and it is in the post.

I'll keep this thread open, and when I have upgraded I will post the results, hopefully towards the end of this week.

Like this post
Dirty Dick

Likes # 0

Thanx rdave13

I've taken your recommendations on board and have let Crucial scan and recommend some upgraded RAM. I have now ordered it and it is in the post.

I'll keep this thread open, and when I have upgraded I will post the results, hopefully towards the end of this week.

Like this post
Dirty Dick

Likes # 0

Upgraded RAM arrived yesterday, found instruction how to fit on YouTube, fitted in 20 mins and all now a lot faster.

Thanx for help

DD

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features