We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Had Infinity installed, but have lost wireless conection to printer.

algey
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi

Never had a problem with my wireless connection(Canon MP 620)to my Acer Aspire 7736. But in the last few days have had BT Infinity installed and when trying to use the printer get the message 'Printer not responding.' Don't understand why having Infinity installed should affect this wireless connection. I'm using Windows 7.

Hope there is a simple answer to this !

Thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If it's a wireless connection you will need to reset the printer to search for a new connection. Apply the security key and away you should go.

Like this post  
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Yes, as the router, I assume, has been changed, the key will be different.

Like this post
algey

Likes # 0

Hi dave and onthelimit

Understand what your saying and have tried to get the printer to search for another router but keep getting error messages. Also tried re-installing the printer software and following the on screen directions but still no luck. Looks like I wii have to get in touch with Canon.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Troubleshooting PDF here.

Like this post
algey

Likes # 0

Have a paper copy of the trouble shooting, but when following instructions never get the 'access point' page on the screen to allow me to type in the info. required,why I've no idea. I'm sure it's me as my computer skills are pretty basic. Will give it one more try.

Again, thanks for your time.

Like this post
chrisjohn

Likes # 0

im having same problem my hp printer worked a treat with sky broadband ...changed to infinity now it just drops connection,may be due to home hub having smart channel scan ? also the bt tech toldme wireless printers dont like the hub.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have two Epson wireless printers working perfectly through my BT Infinity HomeHub.

Like this post
algey

Likes # 0

dave

Look at the time of the post! Got there in the end by ignoring the warning ' this driver has compatibly problems please contact Canon'.

Kept going because you made it sound simple. Perhaps it was!

chrisjohn, best of luck.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"............also the bt tech toldme wireless printers dont like the hub."

That's been my experience too. I've also encountered problems with Smart TVs and BT Home Hubs.

Apologies for hijacking the OP's thread but you may be interested to learn that you don't actually need a Home Hub 3 for Infinity. Any cable router that supports PPPoE such as this one will work and you simply connect it to your Openreach modem. If you're interested and need the Infinity connection details then just ask.

Like this post
Janetsmith

Likes # 0

Also having problem connecting new HP 6520 printer to the BT Infinity with Homehub 3. Started by trying the one button easy setup, no go, then tried by entering the appropriate codes of the Hub, still nothing. Finally tried using cable connection & followed instructions to swap to wifi, still won't work. Please can anyone help, I'm going crazy!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?