We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help with a memory stick

bigdaddy147

Likes # 0

i have a lg smart tv and when i put in a 4gb usb stick the film worked fine. i have bought a 64gb memory stick now and put same film on it but when plugged into tv it says file or directory damaged. is memory stick knackered or do i need to do something to it?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Look in the handbook for the TV - it may have a limit of the size of memory it can take.

Like this post
bigdaddy147

Likes # 0

i cant find anything in handbook but ive put memory stick in tv with it clean and formatted but it still says file or directory damaged

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I assume the memory stick works in your PC?

be careful what you have formatted it to, some machines do not like Ntfs and will only read FAT32

Like this post
bigdaddy147

Likes # 0

yes works in pc and formatted to fat

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Does your TV give you the option to format the stick? Some devices can be picky about having to format a drive themselves.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

which make is the memory stick?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Have you checked that you have put the Flash drive into the correct USB port.

Not knowing the model I just picked a manual from the list of smart TV's, this indicated that it should be connected to USB port 1.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do