We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Changing the bit-rate on BBCiPlayer

Nipper99
Resolved

Likes # 0

I wrote to the BBC iPlayer Support Team about the fact not many of us can understand there advice on how to Change the Streaming Bit-Rate Here is the BBC's advice (I Quote) You can reduce the video quality from high to standard 800kbps quality video by tapping on the "HQ" option from the media player controls (Unquote) So I sent this email as below

_*Dear BBC, > Your answer for changing the bit rate is a little > vague, could you possibly give me a fools instructions, so I can find > where the "HQ" option is, is it within the BBC iPlayer or is it on my > iPad Mini. > I am using the "BBC iPlayer Software" for the iPad., where the menu or > transport controls are not visible so therefore, I'm not able to > control my bit rate from there.

The BBC replied (I Quote) > Thank you for contacting the BBC iPlayer team. > To change the download quality within the app, tap the Settings icon > and select 'Downloads'. Switch 'Download low quality' to 'On'.

BBC iPlayer (Global) Team

I replied Dear BBC iPlayer, I assumed that you mean't the "Settings" icon within my iPad Mini, if so, there is no "Downloads" switch f or one to make any adjustments.

I have also looked for a "Settings" menu in your "BBC-iPlayer" application but "Settings" or a "Download Switch" does not exist there either.. Kind Regards

Tony

The BBC have now replied stating that I SHOULD find an answer in their FAQ's If not then I should.seek an answer by looking into the NONE BBC Forums !! ?.

Can any one here make any sense from the BBC's advice

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Tony

Like this post
Nipper99

Likes # 0

Are you using BBC iPlayer or are you using "Medieval Player ". to watch the BBC 's past shows. I will download "Media Player" to see if that works because maybe tha's what the BBC were referring to in their advice.

Kind Regards

Tony

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

BBC iPlayer

Like this post
Nipper99

Likes # 0

Are you using BBC iPlayer or is it "Media Player" your using.

Later today I think I'll download "Media Player" as the BBC mentioned a Media Player app in their advice.

I'll let you know how I got on

Kind Regards

Tony

Like this post  
Nipper99

Likes # 0

Later today I think I'll download "Media Player" as the BBC mentioned a Media Player app in their advice.

Kind Regards

Tony

Like this post
Nipper99

Likes # 0

Kind Regards

Tony

Like this post
Nipper99

Likes # 0

Kind Regards

Tony

Like this post
Nipper99

Likes # 0

I did not realise that while I was trying to write a new post they were all going to page two. How do I delete or edit any of these duplicated Posts of mine. Also, Can I post a jpg on this Forum as can be the case with other Forums, I use "Photobucket" to prepare them for posting.

Kind Regards,

Tony

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You can put a link to your picture, use the photobucket 'html' and use the globe icon on the 'reply to this topic' window to insert it in your post.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Can we post pictures on this forum

Unfortunately not, but have a look at this iPad screenshot which is where you select whether or not to download High Quality.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

mgmcc

Interestingly your screenshot show a different screen to that on my iPad and iPhone. What version of the iPlayer are you running?

I have 2.0.3.59

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...