We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No replies on Networking assistance appreciated

Quiet Life

Likes # 0

I have a neighbour who has been using a Guest signal from my DSL-N55U and wishes to extend this signal . He would ideally like it to be available throught the mains circuit.>Is there a compatible wireless receiver mains extender that he could configure without any configuration on my part?~>If not what would I have to do. I do not wish to give him other than a Guest connection.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

see option 2 here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Think you will be in big trouble if your Provider finds that you are allowing a neighbour access to your network connection

Like this post
Quiet Life

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat I had already googled that but was hoping for a reply from somebody who had actualy used the necessary eqipment

Like this post
Quiet Life

Likes # 0

Thanks woodchip would appreciate some further info on the basis for your comment.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"further info on the basis for your comment"

a) ISP Terms & Conditions will almost certainly prohibit the sharing of your internet connection other than with members of your own household.

b) Perhaps more importantly, you will be legally responsible for whatever content your neighbour downloads.

Like this post
Quiet Life

Likes # 0

mgmc Thanks. for highlighting the problems. Neighbour is very old and not computer literate so I will have to take the chance as after several years I can not withdraw the access.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED