We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tiscali Spam Folder

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am expecting an email, and it may be in the Spam folder.

I am with Tiscali and the amount of spam I get is almost nil, but I cant find the folder to check for my email.

OS Vista, None Tiscali Router,

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Are you using Tiscali Webmail or getting your email via a client such as Window Live Mail, Outlook Express etc?

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Tiscali Web Mail,

I have the spam icon to put the occasional spam email I get into and will be filtered out if sent again.

It doesn't store spam that is filtered out before going to my inbox.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I don't have a Tiscali account so can't help much further but have you looked at this guide from Tiscai which says that it will show you how to personalise your settings. It may show you how to restore a missing Spam folder.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

chub_tor, thanks for your help I have been through the link you sent with no luck and asked Amy,the virtual assistant who is clueless and doesn't understand my questions lol.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

After more searching in Google I came across this answer, if the spam filter is switched on in the members area you cannot look at the spam emails.

Emails are blocked by Tiscali spam filter and are deleted the sender gets a message back saying the email was blocked by the spam filter.

Like this post  
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I would not like that - I look at my junk/spam folder every few days and find the odd email in there that is not junk.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Ex plorer,

I, too, am with tiscali, and have been for more than 10 years; although I am glad to say not for much longer. You are very lucky getting so little spam, as I can get up to 38 emails per day and about 32/33 of them are spam. I mark them as spam, and tiscali are supposed to block them but all it seems to do is to encourage the spammers to send more.

What I have found much more worrying is that some emails are directed straight into not the spam box, but the delete box. What is even more worrying is that having looked at my emails, deleted some of them, some of the ones I wish to keep have gone the next time I log in. I usually find these in the delete box, but others have just disappeared. How and why this happens I have not got a clue.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Housten

I have been having recent Webmail problems with Tiscali/TalkTalk, and perhaps more so with unwanted spam.

I have found that the Community forum offers more help than TT support.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...