We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blanked out link tabs - buttons?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

The other day I installed Abode Air on recommendation via Avast. Since then I have found that going to various websites I am experiencing problems with link tabs or buttons, due to them being blanked out. After a short time, some of the tabs/buttons clear themselves, and I am then able to read what the tab/buttons says.

I would add, that since downloading and installing Abode Air, I still keep getting reminders to download or update Abode Air. Checking the computer, there appears to be no reference that Abode Air actually installed?.

Is anyone else had these problems, and if so, what was the remedy in resolving the issues?.

Any help on this, gladly welcomed.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I forgot to mention: XP Home on computer, and Firefox, Google Chrome plus IE8 as browser's. All browser's have the same blank-out problems on some websites.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

spuds , have given troubleshoot link in other thread. Hope it helps. As you have Acrobat installed, and that comes with Air, I believe, it could have become corrupted when you installed the latest version instead of updating possibly.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Uninstall it through control panel - add/remove programs (where it should be listed) and see if your problems go.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm fairly sure that Air does not come with Acrobat.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Apologies - it used to be bundled with Acrobat 9. I'll need to check 10.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I mentioned in the other Abode Air thread that I had posted, that on today's return to the computer, things seemed to appear to have returned back to 'normality', so I would now keep observations on further activities, and attempt to correct if necessary.

Checking on Windows XP control panel add/remove, it would appear that I have Abode Air - Flash Player 10 Active X - Flash Player 11 Plugin - Shockwave Player 11.6 - Reader X (10.1.6).

Whether any or the combination of the above are causing any problems with the link tabs/buttons, I will have to see. I'll most likely uninstall Abode Air later and see what happens, in perhaps resolving the problems mentioned?.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger