We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Server at GoAhead requires a username & Password

Maundy

Likes # 0

Suddenly and without any obvious reason each time I try to access the internet on my desktop (Win 7 64 bit) a 'Windows Security' dialogue box opens stating 'The server 10.0.10.254 at GoAhead requires a username and password..' I cannot think of anything that I may have changed/done to suddenly start this but having recently had my email account compromised I am concerned that this could be a malicious add on. If I try to clear the dialogue box it sometimes opens a website http://10.0.10.254/quickstart.asp I am having to write this on my laptop which is unaffected even though connected to the same router and broadband. I have no idea what my username and password could be with GoAhead so it has rendered my desktop PC's internet unusable. A full virus scan with Norton IS does not reveal any problem. Is it genuine or spoof and, either way, how do I disable / delete it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

Are you using a wireless range extender? 10.0.10.254 could be the log in for that.

Like this post
Maundy

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell, you may well have found the answer. I recently installed a Netgear WNDA3100 Wireless USB Adapter because my Ethernet Networking Card had died. I have now replaced the ethernet card and will uninstall the USB adapter which will almost certainly solve the riddle. THANKS.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...