We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do you rate Abode Air?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

After installing the latest updates for Avast freeware, I keep getting 'updater' prompts to download Abode Air. Checking this product out seems to suggest its a 'must have', because websites like eBay are moving to this product.

Are you using Abode Air, if so, what are your findings?.

As usual, all help or advice appreciated.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The Met Office desktop widget requires Adobe Air (quite appropriate really). I haven't had any problems with it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell, I'll leave this open for a bit, and see if anyone else as any further comments.

I have downloaded and installed Abode Air, just wanted to see what the 'market' opinions were.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I was prompted to install it some time ago and so far as I am concerned it is just another programme that runs in the background.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

chub_tor, I have just check on the various start-up programs on the computer, and Abode Air is not showing, Abode Acrobat is though. Would there be any explanation for this?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Since installing this program, I keep getting reminders from Avast to update or possibly install Abode Air, which is proving to be a problem.

As I said earlier, I have installed the program, but it doesn't appear in the start-up or anywhere else. Perhaps a 'new' install will resolve the problems?.

Will tick this post as resolved.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like Flash it doesn't appear in start up programs but should be in Control Panel under Uninstall a Program.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I think it's automatically installed with Adobe Acrobat anyway.Troubleshoot

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

PS, I only use Flash from Adobe so don't have Air installed and no need for it yet.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

rdave13- Thanks for the link, will look at it later due to a pending hospital appointment at lunchtime. So I must leave home now.

I have opened a new thread on the subject.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

To my knowledge I've never comes across anything that requires AIR. I assume that if I do, I will get prompted to download it at the time.

This seems to give a good overview of what it is about:

http://polygeek.com/4395air-mobilewhat-is-adobe-air

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features