We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows won't recognize my printer

ened

Likes # 0

I am desperate to print some documents. I have just set up a new machine and am using Windows 7 as I was in my old machine.

I had no problem with the old machine but this one only recognises the printer in Devices and Printers as 'Other'.

I can't even seem to find the right download for the drivers.

The printer is a Canon ip3000 and if any one can help you will be getting me pout of a pickle. I must print these documents by tomorrow.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Drivers

www.canon.co.uk/Support/ConsumerProducts/products/printers/InkJet/PIXMAiPseries/PIXMAiP3000.aspx

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

Hi

Your link takes me to a canon page with this message:

The page you were looking for could not be located on the server.

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

I followed the Support link from that link but it doesn't give you the basic drivers.

I can't help thinking I am missing a trick here because I don't remember having this trouble a couple of years ago when I set up the same printer on my other Win 7 machine.

I am currently using the original Hard Drive for the documents etc on it. If I can't resolve this tonight I am going to have to re set up my opld machine just to get these documents printed. That will be a drag!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

According to the Microsoft Compatibility Centre the ip3000 is fully compatible so Windows 7 should find the correct driver for it. I would have one more try of uninstalling the "other" printer and try again. Right Click on it and select Uninstall this Device. Either switch the printer off or unplug the USB connection and reboot. Once the PC is up and running switch the printer on (or plug the USB back in again) and let Windows find the printer. See if that works.

If you work your way through the Canon support website for the ip3000 for English and Windows 7 software I found the bottom one was "Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module File version: 1.10" which adds functions for Win 7 and Vista

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I can't get the downloads page either - it times out (tried several times) page must have a problem at the moment.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

well if chub_tor managed it okay, it must be me....

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

I've resolved this but I don't know how.

I have MS Office 2010 installed and it was registering One Stop 2010 as the default printer. As soon as I uninstalled it the ip3000 moved from 'unspecified devices' to the main section and automatically installed the drivers.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It might not be the answer, but I had a similar problem with an HP printer. Contacting HP support, they suggested that I used another driver from another printer in their range. It worked, problem resolved.

So perhaps contacting the printer manufacturer might resolve the issue?.

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

spuds This was bugging me so I was up at 2:00 and looked at it with a fresh outlook.

MS Office has something called One Note. For some reason this had been designated the Default printer!!!

I had Office on my old machine but I reckon I must have installed the printer before I installed it.

Anyway, at least I don't need to re-instate my old machine now!

Thanks for your suggestion.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia