We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

chrome on xp

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

used chrome on xp yesterday, used to work ok. but was getting a seperate dialouge box open asking for a password to access an application [no details shown], the google account password and the new 6 figure gmail mobile number does not work in in it, pages hang and will not open. IE and firefox working ok.

done so far deleted chrome and new install still the same. full scan by mbam, sas, norton, also ran ccleaner in clean and reg options,

no joy any ideas anyone

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

forgot to add, when i close chrome this box remains, does not show in task manager running programs have to go to process and end chrome.exe to close it.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Weird. I run Chrome on my XP machines without problems. Sorry I can't help.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Possibly a corrupt profile. Try creating a new one Chrome profile

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woolwell thank you will try later on when i can access the laptop.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woolwell

spot on followed the advice in the link worked a treat. thank you.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Pleased that it is sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...