We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Explorer keyboard shortcut keys for specific folder shortcuts don't work any more...

Takeshi-Fujimoto
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hiya, it might be a bit silly to ask but up until recently I've been able to set keyboard shortcut combinations for particular folder shortcuts and use them. Say if I wanted to quick-launch the music folder or some other one, I just pressed Ctrl-Alt-and whatever letter after it and bam - there it was.

But now that keyboard shortcut thingy in Windows Explorer doesn't work any more for a reason that's beyond any common sense... Anybody has any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

BTW, my OS is W8 Enterprise x64 and my PC is fairly competitive in today's world of specs. I attach a pic through a link on PhotoBucket below for a clearer picture of my problem. Thanks you all once again.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/Vla3d/WEKKS_zpsb5ba5756.jpg

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

Can't help sorry. In properties I only get the general, sharing, security and customise tabs. Win 8 pro.

Might be a keyboard driver problem?

Like this post
Takeshi-Fujimoto

Likes # 0

@rdave13 could you please try it with a Shortcut to a folder (rather than an actual folder), I'd appreciate it mucho gracias if you could look into this matter by just making a shortcut to any folder anywhere and see what you can figure out...thanks dave

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

I only get the option from the desktop, obviously..now. Try deleting the desktop short-cut and create a new one and create a new hot key.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 1

Works OK with Belarc short-cut on desktop. Might need to delete and recreate a short-cut for it to work again, though, I don't know what program you've used to disassociate the hot key from the short-cut.

Like this post
Takeshi-Fujimoto

Likes # 0

Ok, there's some progression with this - only shortcuts that were made on DESKTOP work but those that were made elsewhere - don't.

I can almost mark my query "solved" but I'd like to get the non-desktop shortcuts to work too, since I keep my Desktop un-obstructed...

I mean, it used to work for me in the past and now it doesn't...I used to be able to open any shortcut from any location, either it'd be from deep inside a system folder or from my Documents etc but if there isn't anything more you could think of, It'd more than ok, my issue is technically and almost practically solved :) ....

Like this post
Takeshi-Fujimoto

Likes # 0

SOLVED - it works with the hidden shortcuts so my desktop is ok for storing them, THANKS EVERYONE!

Like this post
Takeshi-Fujimoto

Likes # 0

thanks rdave13 i mean,

appreciate it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made