We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet explorer 10?

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks Does anyone here use Internet explorer?If so is version 10 any good?I pretty much use Firefox exclusively but there was an update for IE 10 with my windows updates tonight.I currently have version 9 installed and was wondering is it worth installing version 109?Thanks folks!

Like this post
Takeshi-Fujimoto

Likes # 0

Yes, IE 10 is actually very good and it can compete with the fox and the chrome-eo but there aren't many add-ons, mods, extensions/tools for it.

The only reason I switched from IE10 to Chrome was because in IE there was no option for a comfortable switching between bookmarks, where Firefox and Chrome support tons of these little customisable enhancements, take a look at at this example to see what I mean:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/%E5%BE%AE%E5%BA%A6%E6%96%B0%E6%A0%87%E7%AD%BE%E9%A1%B5app/dlmmfcbpgflaeiipmbhelananakfcodj

Other than that, Internet Explorer 10 is fast and reliable unlike it's previews versions. Good luck.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

It loads this site faster than 9... :)

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

With IE 10 the text on this site is more blurry than with using firefox(both with their default settings)Firefox in nice and clear but with IE 10 the letters aren't as sharp.Anyone else have this?Thanks.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have changed from Firefox back to IE.

IE10 is faster loading and faster opening a lot of sites including this one.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

If anything I would say that IE10 is clearer than Firefox (on my PC anyway).

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have moved from Chrome to IE10. IE10 seems faster.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Concur that IE10 seems clearer than Firefox.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

It's as if the clear type setting isn't on although firefox is absolutely fine.Any ideas.P.s how do I post a screen shot to show what I mean?Thanks.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

I have also downloaded IE10 and I too find it quicker on this site. Rather too soon to say if it is actually better than any other browser though.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

I found IE10 (on Win7) somewhat blurry as well. It struck me as soon as I started it up.

When I went to Windows Update this am, it said 4 important updates. 2 of them (one being IE10) were not checked. There was also a critical update for IE9. I decided to check IE10. In doing so the IE9 update failed and doesn't seem to want to install again, so I guess it is not needed with IE10. Odd, because MS has been better at managing this sort of thing in the past.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014