We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Toshiba Equium MX40 L/Top and unknown Cable on Screen

Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

After refitting the Screen to re-build the laptop after upgrading the memory. I have fitted the Screen VGA cable but there is another small black cable with a circular round cable wrapped into the tape which has the VGA Cable. Its very short and I just carn't fathem out where this is suppose to fit. Because of the shape just being a washer like round flat terminal on the end of the cable all I can think of is a Screw holds it into some area on the main boddy of the laptop.

The only part now exposed is the plastic bezel with the plastic hinge cover which clips on above the keyboard.

Any clues please where this small cable fits would be most greatfull.. Cheers Steven.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Usually connects to one of the screws holding hinge frame (one is usually longer than the others)

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0\

Looked at that but the tiny black cable will not reach to the screen hinge which is on the right. The only thing I though it might be is that small rubber springy thing which cuts the screen out when the lid is shut.

Thanks

Steven

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room