We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epsom s235w cartridges

rnsa

Likes # 0

I have always used "Think" compatible cartridges without problem. Suddenly on replacing with new ones the printer will not recognise them (will not charge the inks). Epsom say of course that it is because the are not Epsom cartridges. Anybody know why this can suddenly happen?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There can be a variety of reasons, I would suggest that you contact the supplier and tell them about the problem.

Like this post
The Old Mod

Likes # 0

Try taking them out, then putting them back in again, often works.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

... and polishing the contacts on both the cartridges and the cartridge carrier.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I've used Think Cartridges in the past for a previous printer and didn't find them the best,often having failures.

I now use a SX235W and find that Jet Tech from Inkfactory are far superior. They have a promotion at the moment with 2 for 1 on individual cartridges which makes them about £4 each, similar to Think, but they have twice as much ink as the Think ones, 16ml as opposed to 9ml in the black and 13ml as opposed to 7.4ml in the colours, so are far better value.

Like this post
rnsa

Likes # 0

Dear Spud,The old Mod,and Ian Northampton, Thank you each for your interest in my problem and your suggestions. I have tried them but unfortunately without success up to now. I have now bought a set of Epsom cartridges(which cost more than the printer) and will now pray that the problem is not the printer!!

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

rnsa: for next time, it's worth bearing in mind BT's suggestion. JetTech cartridges are very highly rated - I've never heard a bad word about them - and I believe they manufacture 'own brand' for supermarkets, Wilkinson and so on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen