We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MAKING RECOVERY DISKS

eysha1

Likes # 0

Hi again, i need to know exactly how to make recovery disks for windows 8 please.

I bought a mouse today, as it somehow disappeared, and now, hopefully, i can do a system restore to see if the mouse returns but - i need to make recovery disks first, not done that before.

The computer is a month old and already problems, oh boy i do get em,lol. thanks in advance.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Is this your Samsung NC10?

if so you do it using the Samsung recovery program see my link in your other thread.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is this for your Toshiba Satellite c850-12l Notebook (laptop) that you had trouble with losing the Touchpad function?

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Apologies, brain not working again. It's the Toshiba that I need the recovery information help with. The Samsung netbook has gone back to the shop.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Touchpad is enabled / disabled by Fn+F5 on this model

Recovery disks are made from the Recovery media program that should be found on the Program list.

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Lost Fruit-Bat. I can find recovering win 7 files but I am sure that is not it. Win 8 is new to me and still lost, can you direct me please? I want to make a recovery DVD. Thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Here is how to create recovery media for a Toshiba for both windows 7 and 8 (scroll down for 8

Once you have the media then the following is how to recover a defective Toshiba if needed

On machines that ship with Windows 8, holding the '0'-key during boot should take you to the Advanced Startup Options screen rather than directly to the recovery utility.

However, you can choose "Reset your PC" under the Troubleshooting option to access the recovery utility.

Have a look here

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Very many thanks Fruit-bat, I so appreciate your help-as always. This is a great forum.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"...and now, hopefully, i can do a system restore to see if the mouse returns but - i need to make recovery disks first..."

Just in case there's any confusion, restore disks return the laptop back to how it was when it left the factory and are not used for a Windows System Restore. In case you missed the link I posted on your other thread last Sunday, here it is again.

It also worth mentioning that the longer you leave it, the less chance there'll be of an available restore point that pre-dates the problem with your touchpad so you need to act sooner rather than later.

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Very man thanks, I have made the recovery disks now but it says to use win+c and in fact that is wrong - it is win+f that works.

Now to make recovery disks for my vista.I hope that is easy to do.

Questions, can I install my win 8 on both my machines legally? Or do I have to stick to the vista version? when is vista going out and no longer supported?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...