We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Insert Images into Excel page

Furkin

Likes # 0

Hi folks,

I want to insert some small/thumbnail images into cells in an Excel page.

Should it be possible to just click ‘Insert’ to drop an image into a cell automatically ?

At the moment, when I insert an image, it just goes onto the page, then I have to resize it to fit over a cell – which the image just sits over – not in.

Thanks

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Depending on whether it's important enough to throw money at the problem, this may help. You can try it for free, I think.

Like this post
Furkin

Likes # 0

Thanks Ian,

That program does just what I want - in fact I thought that Excel would already have that application.

As you say - is it important enough to spend money - not in this case. I just want to make a temporary list - with 'reminder' images.

all the best

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Not sure this is what you want - give it a try.

cell insert

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

If you are using Excel to give you cells to put text and pictures in (rather than as a spreadsheet to do calculations etc.) you would be far better off using Word and using Word's Tables capability.

Using Tables in Word you can create a matrix of as many cells across and down as you want (and add more later if required).

Each cell is like a mini-page with the ability to do extensive formatting (e.g. paragraphs, margins, bullets etc. etc.) for each cell AND you can readily insert images.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...