We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printed pages have wrong size

ponytail

Likes # 0

Wtth ref to my other thread about scanning I need to scan a copy of something I have just printed This what it should look like

http://www.ramblers.co.uk/programmes/print.php?group=SX02 But when it prints there are only four dates to one page and it will be 14 pagesin total how do I compact it all into two or three pages

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

That is indeed a very long document which normally would take probably 10-15 pages of A4 print at least.

The only way I could suggest for reducing the printed size would be to adjust the Font to a much smaller size before printing - but then it might be too small to read easily!

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I used printer settings as follows:

Scale set to 60%

Set to "fit to paper width"

All margins set at 0

Print preview then showed it filling 3 sheets of A4, however the font looked quite small.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Mr Mistoffelees Thanks for reply what is the procedure or sequence for doing what you suggest

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Just email the link.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Surely when I print this off it should not use fourteen pages but four at the very least,Why is it not printing what is showing what is on the web page.When I go into the web site and click on print preview it shows what I have just printed not what I wanted printed

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Can someone click on the link and then click on print preview and see what they get

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

14 pages.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Opened web page clicked on file then print preview then shrink to fit and choose 60 per cent then print I think this was suggested by Mr Mistoffelees and then print worked fine

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On webpage link you gave | Edit | Select All | Copy

Open Excel | Paste

File | Page Setup | Landscape

Select rows 3 - 63 | Format | Row | Autofit

View | Page Layout

Now you can manually adjust everything to your hearts content to fit on your landscape sheets ready for printing.

after adjusting margins, I get that to 7 pages max at 100% normal

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I may be missing something here but why do you want to scan this when it has just come off the web in electronic format? Why don't you just save it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer