We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Asus Nvidia GeForce GT 630

ened

Likes # 0

I installed the software for this card and now get an annoying usage monitor appear on the screen everytime I boot.

It is easy to minimize or even close but it is a niggle.

There appear to be no settings to adjust which are relevant to stopping it.Is there a way to remove this?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

If there really isn't an option to eliminate it, I wonder if it's an option you missed when you installed the software - which would mean the only cure would be a reinstall. What happens, when it appears, if you right click on it?

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

I've tried right-clicking all over it - Nothing!

This is the card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GT 630

I would have thought somebody else has experienced this problem?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What is this software called? As NVidia does not install anything other the NVidia control panel and that does not pop up on the screen at boot. I have a GTX 670 so use Nvidia drivers myself.

Whatever it is it should have a stings menu and you should be able stop it there. Or you could uninstall it and get the latest drivers from here,NVidia. Which you should have done anyway because the drivers on the disk that came with your card will be way out of date.

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronos the 2nd

I was confused because, although it was appearing at the start it wasn't showing in the Start Up section of msconfig. When I had looked in Add/Remove programmes the only entries I recognised were NVidia, which I was reluctant to remove unless I had to.

After reading your post I went back and found something called Asus GPU Tweak. I removed it and the monitor has gone.

I have never had anything like that before so, unless there is a good reason not to, I shall carry on without it.

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

You mentioned that I need to get the up to date drivers from the web.

I am still setting up the machine and it is not in a place where I can reach the router. However I would like to get the drivers: do you know of a place I can download them from which will give me the drivers in a file I can put on a usb stick?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

The link I gave you will do what you want, just manually put in the info.

First Box. Geforce

Second Box. 6 series

Third Box. Operating System.

Fourth Box. English.

Then click on download and save the drivers to your USB.

That should do it.

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

Thanks very much for that.

However I downloaded it and took it across to the other machine where I discovered the disc had the latest driver already on it.

Still it's good to know!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)