We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to scan to a location

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have a Brother Printer printer Model number DCP-J315W and need to scan some documents which is easy enough to do but how do I tell the printer where to scan to so I can then find the documents to email them.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

This is what I have been doing Gone into control center 3 Click on scan Click on file After scan is complete get this message

Unable to write the file to the 'Destination Folder' Please make sure you have the correct permisions to write to the . 'Destination Folder' or change the 'Destination Folder' to a folder that has write permission Does anyone know what this message means

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

With my scanner I have a folder named Scanner in My Documents. When the item is scanned I click on File - Save as - browse to location - and place it in that folder.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Your printer should have software associated with your scanner my Epson certainly does and I can send the scans where I want.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi difarn I have a folder called scanned documents located in my documents but how do I tell the printer to scan to there

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Have a look here, your printers manual as it shows you how to change the output folder for your scans. Brother.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

PS: Look in chapter 7.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos the 2nd Yes I have the software here for the printer but I thought it had already been installed as I have the control center 3 installed

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi again Chronos the 2nd I have the manual here in front of me but caaot see where it says anything about choosing a destination folder

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

i have a brother printer (different model). If I open CC3 (the Brother Control Centre), under Scan, Configuration I have the option to choose the folder to which scans will be saved.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This is what I can see by looking at chapter 7,it lists all the places you can send the scan to. Manual.">http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b484/MrFraggle/Bits%20and%20Bobs/ScreenHunter_04Mar101315_zps43356a98.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">Manual.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia