We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Toshiba BIOS

Jimpad
Resolved

Likes # 0

Last night I was installing some drivers on my Toshiba Satellite P850 PSPKBA namely a remote controll driver an a service station driver, from the Toshiba.ie web site I seen a BIOS update link so I typed in my details an it stated that their was a BIOS update for my Laptop so I downloaded it an then shut all other program's an started to install the updates, I installed the BIOS one last, as it seemed to be installing the LT shut down an after a moment it tried to reboot..an their she stands, she tries to reboot the screen stays blank then it shuts itself down, then tries again, I have removed the batt an tried again but it just make a noise like its going to boot then nada,zilch nothing.

Any help with this would be much much appreciated.

Shaun

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Hopefully its just a corrupt windows driver and not the BIOS

try tapping F8 as it boot to get to Advanced tools menu then select restore to a date before you did the updates

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Big Mistake, but hope you can get it back running but I think the link was for a Duff BIOS. You should never play with things that are working okay without first asking somebody in the know that does

Like this post
Jimpad

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies I can not get into the BIOS as it doses not boot atol, the fan comes on an then she goes dead. I have just updated to Win 8 so thought it would be a good idea to update my drivers an BIOS am noticing that this problem seem to be happening quite a lot even to peeps in IT.

The Tos office will be open tomorrow so either they have a master cure or my warranty should kick in.

Again thanks for trying

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Warranty will not cover your killing the BIOS

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Disconnect mains and battery pack

Open up the laptop and disconnect the CMOS battery look for a Clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard if fitted you may need to find a service manual for your model? to locate the jumper and correct pins to use.

Like this post  
Jimpad

Likes # 0

Laptop is gone, hope to get a new one back soon.

Again thanks to those who tried to help, good karma is hopefully in the post.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more